As a PPC marketer, without the right tools, it can become difficult to track conversions, measure the right metrics, track conversions and measure ROI etc, in a time-effective way. Instead of spending hours trying to put together your own reports from scratch and crawl through multiple campaigns, it is often best to use a tool to assist with and simplify the process.
You need to track the effectiveness of your PPC campaigns by measuring the right metrics. That includes keeping a close eye on every lead won, every conversion made, and how much revenue is being generated throughout a campaign.
There are many online PPC reporting tools (some free and some paid) that can help you to generate high-quality reports, save time, and most importantly maximise your return on investment (ROI).
Why should you use a PPC reporting tool?
Remember, PPC reporting tools don’t just save a significant amount of time, but also make it easier to manage multiple projects at a time. Two key benefits (besides saving time) include:
Improve campaign accuracy
Whilst a tool won’t do the job for you, it can help to reduce errors when it comes to reporting on your campaigns. They can often act as a way to essentially proof-read campaigns and minimise mistakes.
Gain more (and better) insight
Let’s say you’re running two PPC campaigns on different platforms, i.e. Google Ads and Facebook. A tool can help to provide a holistic way to view data around each campaign, helping you to decide on the next best steps when it comes to optimisation.
There are many PPC reporting solutions available online, but not all of them will be relevant to your campaign and its objectives. So, we’ve done the research for you and found some of the most effective, popular and accessible online reporting tools.
Some of our recommended PPC tools include:
Data Studio is a free PPC tool that turns your data into informative, easy to read/share, and fully customisable dashboards and reports.
- Make your PPC reports interactive with viewer filters and date range controls.
- The data control can turn a report into an accessible template report that other people can use to see their own data.
- You can also add links and clickable images to create product catalogs and other hyperlinked content.
Supermetrics is an analytics software that lets you pull all the data you need into a unified and accessible location.
- Templates make it easy to report and monitor PPC marketing campaigns in your tool of choice.
- Fetch data from commonly used data sources such as Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
- Create cross-channel PPC reports
Reporting Ninja is a great online reporting tool that focuses primarily on PPC. The tool helps you to collect your data from different sources and put them into a dashboard with one clear interface.
The online tool can generate monthly reports automatically and send them as emails, helping you to save time and easily share your findings.
Reporting Ninja comes with over 16 integrations, from Google ads to paid social platforms such as LinkedIn Ads. You can either generate stand-alone reports or combine multiple findings into one ‘super’ report, depending on your goal.
- Generate combined or stand-alone PPC reports
- Schedule automatic report generation via email
- Access reports in just a few clicks
Agency Analytics was designed for PPC agencies, but can act as a PPC reporting solution for most businesses too. It comes with 50+ app integrations allowing users to comprehensively track everything from paid social to paid search advertising and even email marketing.
You are able to customise your own dashboard, making it work for you. This can be helpful if you are used to using another PPC reporting platform as it essentially flattens the learning curve.
- SEO reporting metrics are also included if you are running multiple campaigns
- The platform offers a 14-day free trial in case you change your mind
- 60+ integrations available with new ones added monthly
- Customisable dashboard to help make it your own
- Multiple reports template
- An easy-to–use drag-and-drop report builder
Another popular PPC reporting tool is DashThis, which is an automated reporting platform with powerful data management solutions. DashThis comes with 30+ integrations, making it easy to pull data from different sources and produce comprehensive, clear PPC reports in just a few clicks.
As with Agency Analytics, you are able to create and customise your dashboard to make your PPC reporting work for you, as well as to easily share your reports. The platform is popular due to its variety of preset report templates. But other features include:
- White label and customisation options
- 15-day free trial
- Dedicated, customisable dashboard for multiple users at a time
- An easy way to automate report creation and distribution
- 30+ integrations available within the platform
Swydo also allows you to produce PPC reports drawn from multiple platforms, including Twitter and Facebook. The tool makes it easier to monitor KPIS including clicks and impressions, plus you can customise data based on your specific goals.
You are able to export your reports into PDF files and schedule them to be sent out. Or, you can share a direct access link online with your colleagues.
- Set and monitor important KPIs
- 14-day free trial
- Schedule and send reports with ease
- Add branding elements to reports
- Integrate seamlessly with over 36 apps
There is a lot of choice when it comes to PPC reporting software, which can be confusing. Finding which tool is the right one for you may take some time, so it’s always best to make the most of the free trials on offer.
An effective tool, alongside PPC experience, can help you to maxmise the results from your campaign and stand out in your marketplace.
Whilst the right PPC marketing tools will certainly help you to improve your digital strategy – they won’t do all the work for you! Get in touch today if you need us to step in and help with your PPC campaigns.